Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley has announced that government construction will resume on July 5th.
Last weekend, he had stated that when he spoke this weekend, it would be to announce the return of all construction.
However, during Saturday’s media briefing at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s, Rowley said they have decided to put a pause on private construction, which will now have to wait a little longer.
Rowley said about 15,000 construction workers have so far had at least one shot of a COVID-19 vaccine and more should be added to this figure to allow for the reopening of private sector construction.
He said the reopening of the construction sector is the “pillar” on which other sectors would roll out.