Three people died, and at least ten were injured during a shooting incident in an Afghan wedding.
A CNN report states that on Friday Taliban fighters opened fire on attendees for playing music.
The attack was carried out by three men, who claimed to be members of the Taliban. Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told reporters during a news conference on Sunday that the gunmen opened fire at a wedding in the Surkh Rod district of Nangarhar Province.
“In the ranks of the Islamic Emirate, no one has the right to turn anyone away from music or anything, only to try to persuade them,” Mujahid said.
The Taliban had banned music from 1996 to 2001 when they previously ruled the country. However, the new government has not issued a decree regarding music.