The Sangre Grande Chamber of Commerce is hoping to get more than just essential businesses back up and running and has written to the Minister of Health regarding the vaccination of staff for essential and other businesses.
The Chamber’s executive met recently and wrote to the Minister “seeking urgent attention for the vaccination of staff for essential businesses and for other businesses that would eventually reopen, including Restaurants and Bars”.
The Chamber also thanked the Health Minister for accepting its recommendation for the addition of one new vaccination site at the Manzanilla Health Facility.
Some of its other recommendations raised following a meeting with a Ministerial team included:
– Changing of Curfew Start time from 9pm to 5pm
– Drive Thru Vaccination Center
– Vaccination Education Drive
– Grants and other Government Assistance
– Commercial financial Assistance
– Business Waivers, in respect to Taxation
– Agriculture Enhancement