Ramischand comes out in defence of family’s private beach party

Ramischand comes out in defence of family’s private beach party

Odai Ramischand, the father of the woman who posted a video of a private beach lime on social media over the weekend, has come out in her defence and that of his family.

Several posts surrounding the contentious issue have been posted on the Facebook page of the Guyana-born attorney.

However, apparently disturbed by the fallout and criticism, Ramishchand took to his Facebook page this morning defending his daughter’s act and post on social media, saying his family and friends had gathered to celebrate his last son’s 15th birthday.

According to Ramischand, “it was not a frolic of their own kind of thing or any type of bizarre or uncivilised behaviour.”

Ramischand said the event was on 600 acres of privately owned land but they were adhering to the social gathering regulations.
He said “There were many of them there but staying in different houses so as not to violate the not more than five gathering rule.”

Among those in attendance were his daughter Samantha, who posted the video, her sister Ramona, her husband Ashan, as well as her Ramischand’s sons Siddharta and Kirana.

He pointed out that “If my daughter Dr Ramona Ramischand provides health care services to the people of Trinidad and Tobago, don’t you think she would have cautioned her sister about her conduct on the private family beach and beach houses?” he posted.

He said since the murder of his daughter Nikita he ensures the need for family time.

“I have a duty and a responsibility as a good father to engage my children in activities to alleviate their grief and pain and suffering because of the denial of justice to my family,” Ramischand stated.

Nikita, 18, was believed to have been ambushed and murdered as she was walking to her mother’s salon, which is located on the property of the family’s Maracas, St Joseph home, in 2012. Her body was found at the back of the compound by family members who went searching for her after she did not answer her mother’s calls to her cellphone. There was a main suspect in that case but no charges were ever laid against him.