Gas tank explodes and injures woman in Piarco

Home*Cover Story*News

Gas tank explodes and injures woman in Piarco

The public is being advised to exercise caution when cooking and to pay attention to smell and hearing.

This after officers at the Tunapuna Fire Station had to respond to an incident on Thursday where a 20-pound cooking-gas tank exploded, injured a 56-year-old woman.

The incident took place at around 7.55 pm at Polaris Court in Piarco.

The woman, identified as Ann-Marie Augustine, suffered first- and second-degree burns to her legs. She received medical attention and was then taken to hospital.

The gas tank was stored inside a kitchen cupboard and the fire was determined to be an accident.

Officers saw damage to the refrigerator and ceiling.