Police have arrested nine suspects following an Operation Strike Back Three dragnet in the Southern Division on Saturday morning.
The suspects, all male, range in age from 21 to 51 and were arrested by police following several leads into persons of interest in connection with a series of offences throughout South Trinidad.
Officers arrested the following individuals:
• A 21-year-old labourer, of Derryck Avenue, St Charles, on a report of house breaking and larceny
• A 26-year-old labourer, of Tarodale, Ste. Madeleine, for possession of marijuana
• A 30-year-old pipe fitter of Princes Town, for obscene language, resisting arrest and disorderly behaviour
• A 31-year-old labourer, of Barrackpore on a report of a wounding
• A 35-year-old labourer, of Naparima Mayaro Road, Princes Town, on a report of larceny of a motor vehicle
• A 38-year-old mason, of St Croix Road, Princes Town, on a report of malicious wounding
• A 45-year-old labourer, of Manahambre Road, Princes Town, for possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
• A 49-year-old labourer, of Barrackpore, for breach of protection order and
• A 51-year-old labourer, of Barrackpore, for breach of protection order
The operation was coordinated by Snr Supt. Winchester and included a team of officers attached to the Southern Division Task Force, Canine Branch, Barrackpore and Ste. Madeleine Police Stations, the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) and Praedial Larceny Squad.