The Ministry of Works and Transport in a statement today advised the the public that there will be a temporary road closure along:
- The Rienzi Kirton Highway between Todd’s Street and Ruth Avenue and
- Lady Hailes Avenue between Gulf View Link Road and Steve Achaiba Road.
This has become necessary to facilitate the installation of superstructures for the Rienzi Kirton Pedestrian Overpass.
Hours of Closure:
The period of closure will begin on Friday 15th July, 2022 at 5:00PM and end on Monday 18th July, 2022 at 4:00AM
Motorists are kindly asked to take note of the following to allow for the completion of works in a safe and timely manner:
- Emergency vehicles (TTPS, TTFS, and Ambulances) will be permitted to enter site area via TTPS authority ONLY.
- During truss installation on Lady Hailes Avenue, emergency vehicles will be permitted through the Rienzi Kirton Highway. Similarly, during the truss installation on Rienzi Kirton Highway, emergency vehicles will be permitted through Lady Hailes Avenue.
Temporary Traffic Diversions:
– Vehicles heading in an Easterly direction on the Rienzi Kirton Highway, wishing to head into San Fernando, will be required to exit North unto either Cipero Street or Todd Street.
– Vehicles traversing the South Trunk Road heading into San Fernando are advised to continue along the San Fernando Bypass, utilizing either Cipero Street or Rushworth Street.
– Vehicles wishing to exit San Fernando are advised to utilize routes leading to the San Fernando Bypass.
– All PTSC Buses, Large Trucks and Trailers wishing to exit San Fernando can utilize High Street, unto the San Fernando Bypass Road to their destination.
Considering the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following: –
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.