The Ministry of Health provided the following update on T&T’s COVID-19 status.
• 41 additional persons have tested positive for COVID -19
These new patients will be processed for admission at the discretion of the CMOHs.
- 16 persons have been discharged from public health facilities.
- There have been 53 recovered community cases.
- Recovered community cases refer to persons who were previously COVID-19 positive and in self-isolation at home and subsequently met the discharge criteria and were released from self-isolation.
- The Ministry of Health regrets to inform the public that there has been one (1) additional COVID-19 related death. The person is a male with pre-existing medical conditions. This brings the total number of COVID-19 related deaths to 104.
COVID-19 Positive Patients in Hospital – 77
Couva Hospital and Multi-Training Facility 60
Caura Hospital 13
Arima General Hospital 1
Augustus Long Hospital 0
St Ann’s Hospital 0
Scarborough Regional Hospital at the Fort 3
Scarborough General Hospital, Signal Hill 0
COVID-19 Positive Patients in Step-down / Transition Facilities – 44
Claxton Bay Correctional Facility 23
UWI, Debe 16
UWI, Canada Hall 0
UWI, Freedom Hall 0