Baby girl perishes in Chaguanas fire

Home*Cover Story*News

Baby girl perishes in Chaguanas fire

A fire claimed the life of a 13-month old baby girl in Chaguanas on Wednesday.

Reports state that the blaze started around 11am, in the bedroom of the family’s home at Soogrim Trace, Endeavour, Chaguanas on Wednesday.

The infant, Harley Persad, was asleep in her room at the time of the fire.

Her parents, grandparents and neighbours made a desperate attempt to rescue the little girl, but the ceiling collapsed with her inside.

She died at the scene.

Her parents suffered severe burns and were taken to hospital.