The Ministry of National Security said it has been coordinating the Government’s assistance to citizens in St. Vincent and the Grenadines and advised as follows:-
– T&T will deploy fifty (50) Officers of the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force (TTDF) to SVG on Tuesday 13 April, 2021.
– This contingent of the TTDF will comprise of personnel from Engineers, infantry/ provost, medical and logistics.
– The TTDF contingent will be stationed in SVG for two weeks in the first instance;
– The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM), Ministry of National Security, has been coordinating efforts to collect supplies to be carried for SVG and these will be sent to SVG on Tuesday 13 April and Wednesday 14 April, 2021.
In the first instance, the supplies comprise of water, food essentials, toiletries, hygiene materials, simple medical supplies and other items requested, for example, water tanks and buckets;
– The Galleons Passage will be used to carry T&T’s troops and supplies to SVG on Tuesday;
– The Minsitry said it will seek to repatriate Trinidad and Tobago Nationals from SVG on Tuesday using the Galleons Passage and are currently making such arrangements along with the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs.
All nationals returning will be quarantined and treated in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 protocols; and
– The Ministry ask that persons who wish to donate items to SVG contact the ODPM or drop off such items at the various collection points identified by the ODPM.
The Government said it will continue to provide support and assistance requested and required by SVG.