Teen hospitalised after ingesting rat poison

Home*Cover Story*News

Teen hospitalised after ingesting rat poison

A 13-year-old boy allegedly ingested a poisonous substance and is now hospitalised in a stable condition at the Sangre Grande Area Hospital.

The boy’s father told officers of the Biche police station that his teenage son allegedly ingested rat poison in their home at around 12.05 a.m. on Monday.

The boy was taken to the Rio Claro District Health Facility where he was treated by a doctor, then transferred via ambulance to the Sangre Grande Hospital Poison Control Department.

The boy has undergone tests and is awaiting results, the report said.

When officers visited the teen’s home they found a silver packet labelled Storm Wax Bait.