The Health Ministry has issued some safety tips in light of the expected increase in Saharan dust concentrations throughout today and tomorrow.
The Met Service says dust concentrations are expected to move from mild and moderate to moderate and occasionally high.
The highest concentrations are expected tomorrow and should last until Friday morning, after which it is forecast to return to moderate and mild.
The Health Ministry suggests the following:
• Vulnerable individuals may choose to stay indoors where appropriate to minimise the effects
• Partake in less strenuous outdoor activity e.g. walking instead of running
• Those with pre-existing conditions are advised to ensure that their rescue inhaler is with them at all times
• Wear a mask where appropriate
• Seek medical attention if you experience severe shortness of breath (difficulty breathing), persistent fever (for more than 2-3 days) or a severe worsening of a pre-existing condition