Good health is something everyone wants. April 7 is celebrated as the World Health Day which is aimed to create awareness around health issues which are of priority for the World Health Organisation.
The history of today has a short origin: after the end of World War 2, the World Health Organization (WHO) was established, established on April 7th, 1948. The main purpose of the establishment and its importance today is to continue to campaign for people and all sectors of society to realize the importance of health. For everyone to have good health Including control of epidemics that have occurred on our planet.
Interestingly, in 2021, the World Health Organization announced its annual slogan “building a fairer, healthier world” or building a fairer, healthier world.
Why this motto? Because in the past year and this year, COVID-19 has shown that Not everyone has access to health services. Some people do not have to struggle to survive. But some people struggle to survive. There are no opportunities despite access to clean water, food safety, not to mention the health-care benefits. Inevitably causing them to suffer from illness
For this reason, it is important for everyone to realize that all people should have equal access to health care and treatment.
Facts and Figures:
- For the first time in 20 years, global poverty levels are predicted to rise and hinder the progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Up to 60% of people living in some countries of the Region lack coverage with essential health services.
- More than 1 billion people living in informal settlements or slums are facing increased challenges in preventing infection and transmission of the coronavirus.
- The Asia-Pacific region as a whole account for nearly 82.5 million or 32% of the world’s international migrants.
- 5.9 million children in the Asia-Pacific Region are at risk of not returning back to school due to the disruption to education and the economic impact of the pandemic.
- 52% of the Asia-Pacific population remains unconnected to the internet.
Good health starts with ourselves. This word is always valid. Today at IzzSo, we would like to ask everyone to see the importance of staying healthy. Eat a healthy diet in all 5 groups, get enough sleep and exercise regularly. From the saying that “Arokaya Pramalapa, having no disease is a great fortune”