Some 15 million dollars has been spent by the Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago over the last year the company suffered 361 fibre breaks across the country in addition to ninety acts of vandalism.
Minister of Public Utilities, Marvin Gonzales, made the revelation while speaking at a news briefing Friday.
Minister Gonzales said this development is having serious implications on the utility’s operations.
Meanwhile, the Public Utilities Minister said WASA has noted that, over the last year, a number of wells went out of operation in central and east Trinidad due to illegal activities.
The situation left hundreds of thousands of customers without water pending the full restoration of its infrastructure.