The crew from the Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard which was involved in an incident with Grenadian vessel Rainia last week has been removed from sea going duties.
This update was given by Minister of National Security, Fitzgerald Hinds, during the question and answer period in the Senate on Tuesday afternoon.
Opposition Senator, Wade Mark, wanted to know, in light of the recent incident involving the Coast Guard and the crew of the vessel Rainia, what update was Minister Hinds able provide on the action taken in respect of this incident.
In response, Minister Hinds said the assistance of an independent investigatory body from the Defence Force headquarters has been sought to carry out a detailed probe.
Minister Hinds said the local arm of the investigation is continuing but preliminary interviews have been conducted with Coast Guard personnel who were involved.