The Government has approved the 2020 Great Race, this according to the T&T Powerboat Association.
In a release issued this evening, the Association said the race will be held on Saturday, the 26th September 2020; and credits the Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley, the Minister of National Security, Stuart Young and the Health Minister Dr. Terrence Deyalsingh for giving them the go ahead.
While THE GREAT RACE 2020 has been approved, the EXCO as well all the racers, have to ensure that they do not breach the Public Health Ordinance regulations, while running the race.
Guidelines for the 2020 Great Race are as follows:
1. No rafting up of support boats will be allowed in Tobago.
No swimming will be allowed in Tobago, as beaches remain closed at this time.
2. The TTPS and the TTCG will assist the TTPBA with the running of the Great Race 2020 by patrolling the areas where there are usually crowds gathered to watch the race to ensure that there are no crowds of people or raft up of boats.
3. The Great Race 2020 will be live streamed and can be viewed from your homes locally, in Trinidad and Tobago, as well as internationally.
4. Spectators will not be allowed to gather anywhere along the race course – (Persons on boats to view are to keep the number of persons onboard to 5 or less and are to wear their face masks at all times)
5. Official Support boats are to have a crew of 5 or less people.