On May 30th, during a media conference hosted by the Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley. He shared with the public, the revised timelines, moving up of Phase 3, to begin on Monday.
1. Hairdressers, barbers, spas will be allowed to reopen from June 8.
2. Domestic workers will be allowed to return to work on June 8.
3.PM Rowley: more people coming out, but restrictions such as “no mask, no sevice” remain.
- Bookshops can also reopen.
- Hotels will be allowed to offer outdoor dining services.
- For malls there’ll be normal shopping, but for restaurants at malls, still no dining in, only take out service.
4.PM Rowley: Phase 3 of reopening has been moved up to start from Monday, June 1st.
- That includes beginning to reopen the public service.
- All public service managers will be required to be at work. Subordinate workers will come out on rotation basis.
5.PM Rowley: all retail outlets can reopen from Monday.
- Professional services, such as engineers and architects can also reopen.
- These businesses will have to close by 6pm.
- Play Whe, Lotto and other NLCB operations to resume from Monday.
- Five-person gathering limit remains.
6.PM Rowley: associations representing casinos, cinemas and bars are being asked to submit proposals for workplace safety.
- So, that reopening these businesses can be considered for next cycle.
- We’ll have to wait a little longer for reopening of churches/places of worship.
7.Caribbean Airlines to expand it service from Monday, June 1st between Trinidad and Tobago.
8. The Prime Minister has announced that public servants will return to work on Monday June 1.
9. PM Rowley: we want to move more aggressively to bring nationals back to T&T.
275 T&T students to return from Barbados and Jamaica.