While several businesses have cited the COVID-19 pandemic as the reason for their closure, some businesses seem to be experiencing continued growth and expansion.
One type of business that has seemingly seen proliferation is the infamous Double Palm Guest House. With brand new locations in the East and the West, management of the franchise has gone ahead to revise their brand’s logo.
Yes, folks…Double Palm has redesigned a new brand identity, now called Double Palm Inn, which features a flattened bamboo green logo Ariel font – wittily alongside the lettering ‘dp’ between the notable palm trees, that are enclosed in a shape.
While ‘DP’ guarantees its customers ultimate privacy, security, clean and AC rooms. Apparent followers took to Facebook to share their thoughts and comments about Double Palm saying:
- “Them bed ain’t makin no sense ur cyar even tie up ah gyul cuz it have no head.”
- “A friend tell meh she open d window n nearly fall out d building.d window too big”
- “AND ALYUH SEE THEM OLD LADY PORN ALYUH DOES BE SHOWING ON THE TV STOP IT EH!“
- “I just wanna be sure allyuh have a generator for when current gone. Cuz yuh see that garage door not opening thing…Not me pa”
- “Alyuh need to put some attachments on the ceiling & walls…. some women like to be strang up & jam spider man style. Jamming on bed alone is old school”
- “Da big hole in d center are d driveway in clark road branch cause d horner man to catch me so i stop supporting alur”
- “When alyuh setting up a lil buffet or dinner service? Sometimes I wanna be spontaneous and go different branches but KFC don’t deliver everywhere. And I need to eat after I get eat”
- “Dem mattress like Aladdin carpet ehh it does want to take off from thee bed as session start … #detrimentalasf”
- “Link ah bigger soap plz sometimes i alone does get to bathe because i does use it out”
Whether you’re vocal or anonymous about it, the Double Palm brand has become fabled in local phases, ‘palance’ and good ole’ commentary. What do you think of the new design?