The Ministry of Works and Transport has announced a series of road works which begins from Friday, and continues over the upcoming weeks.
According to the several releases from the Ministry, the temporary interruptions are necessary to facilitate road rehabilitation and drainage works.
The following traffic disruptions will take place:
- Along the Railway Road, off the Eastern Main Road, Arouca, from Friday 17 July to Thursday 17 September 2020, between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. This is necessary to facilitate road rehabilitation and drainage works.
- Along Diego Martin Main Road from Pump Drive to Starlite Plaza, from Wednesday 15 July to Friday 14 August 2020, between the hours of 8:00 pm and 4:00 am. This is necessary in order to facilitate road rehabilitation works.
- Along the Eastern Main Road from the Tunapuna Market to Auzonville Bridge, Tunapuna, from Thursday 16 July to Saturday 19 September 2020, between the hours of 8:00 pm and 4:00 am. This is necessary in order to facilitate road rehabilitation and drainage works.
The Ministry has asked motorists to comply with the following directives:
• Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
• Drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zones.
• Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site, to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
• Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
• Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.