There will be a temporary traffic disruption on both the Northbound and Southbound Lanes of the Uriah Butler Highway (UBH) over the weekend.
The Ministry of Works and Transport (MOWT) wishes to advise the general public that there will be a traffic disruption on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th December, 2019 between the hours of 7AM to 7PM, in the vicinity of the following locations:
– B 1/5 Uriah Butler Highway, 4.97km Mark (bridge right before the Caroni Flyover,
southbound or bridge right after the Caroni Flyover, northbound)
– B 1/6 Uriah Butler Highway, 5.88km Mark (first bridge after the Caroni Flyover,
southbound or bridge right before the Caroni Flyover, northbound)
– B 1/7 Uriah Butler Highway, 6.40km Mark (second bridge after the Caroni Flyover,
– B 1/9 Uriah Butler Highway, (southbound) 8.19km Mark; bridge in the vicinity of the
recently closed American Stores
A minimum of two lanes of traffic will remain open to motorists in both the northbound and southbound direction along the UBH at all times.
Motorists are therefore advised to comply with the following: –
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate the flow of traffic in an orderly manner
The Ministry of Works and Transport apologizes for any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its cooperation.