The Ministry of Works and Transport is advising motorists that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along the Western Main Road, Cocorite, in the vicinity of Peake’s Service Station due to a ruptured 16-inch diameter pipeline.
The Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) has advised that emergency repair works are currently underway, and are scheduled to be completed by 5:00 p.m. today, Thursday 14th April 2022.
Members of the public are advised that other areas such as Wrightson Road and Beetham Highway will also be affected by this disruption.
In light of the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- If proceeding West, please utilize the following alternative routes. Motorists should proceed to:
– Western Main Road, St. James, to proceed to the flyover to bypass the repair works using either Tragarete Road from Colville Street, or Lady Young to Queen’s Park Savannah.
– Morne Coco Road, via Saddle Road via Queen’s Park Savannah towards Petit Valley /Diego Martin to your final destination.
– Or gain access to Morne Coco Road via Saddle Road through San Juan/ Santa Cruz/ Maraval.