Residents travelling overseas now have the ease of acquiring the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests without travelling to Trinidad.
This is as a result of a joint collaborative effort between the Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development (DHWFD) and the Tobago Regional Health Authority (TRHA) to collect the samples in Tobago and transport them to any of the certified labs in Trinidad for testing.
The Division says the service is convenient and the cost, which varies based on the lab chosen by the client, must be paid before persons are swabbed for the sample.
If the test result is positive, the Public Health protocols will be initiated and such persons will not be allowed to travel. In addition, the Division will not be held liable if results are not received on time.
Councillor Tracy Davidson-Celestine, Secretary of Health, Wellness and Family Development said: “We needed to simplify the process and make it more convenient for the public. Our teams found a simpler solution. But we need people to cooperate with the process.
This service is a simple, five (5) step process:
- Purchase a ticket for travel and verify COVID-19 requirements for your destination.
- Call the Tobago COVID-19 Hotline 800-HEAL (4325) to make an appointment to test at the Green Room.
- Select one of the 3 certified private labs and pay the required fee.
- Go to the Green Room at the appointed time, present receipt and get tested.
- Collect your results via email or in person.
The certified private labs are:
- Augustine Medical Laboratory Limited – 1-868-663-2387 / 1774
- Caribbean Forensic Services Limited – 1-868-235-4362 / 1-868-391-0008
- Victoria Laboratories Limited – 652-4583 / 8334