One (1) person has been discharged, and one (1) new COVID-19 case has been recorded in Tobago so the total number of active COVID-19 cases on the Island remain at four (4).
The following is the clinical update for Tobago as at 27th January 2021, 10:00pm:
- Number of new cases = 1
- Number of discharges = 1
- Number of samples submitted to the Tobago Regional Health Authority (TRHA) and other local sites to test for COVID-19 = 2603
- Number of samples that tested positive for COVID-19 = 155
- Number of active COVID-19 cases = 4
- Number of deaths = 2
The public is reminded to practice all preventative and safety measures, which include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow, or with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay at home when you are sick and call the hotline at 800-HEAL (4325).
- Practice physical distancing (6 feet away from persons).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (door handles, cell phones etc.)