Three investigations have been launched into last Friday’s explosion at the National Petroleum Company.
Minister of Energy and Energy Industries, Franklin Khan, made the revelation yesterday, following a question by Opposition Senator, Wade Mark.
Mark queried whether an independent inquiry will be conducted to determine the factors leading to this incident.
Khan told the Senate such an incident was not acceptable and so independent investigations have been ordered and will be done by the Ministry of Energy, the Occupational Safety and Health Agency and NP.
He said the reports will reveal what had gone wrong and what remedial measures can be put in place to prevent any recurrence.
Minister Khan assured the reports will be made public when they are completed.
Three men had been hospitalised following the explosion, however two have since been discharged.