The death of 44-year-old PC Clarence Gilkes on April 22 in Diego Martin is still under investigation.
This is according to Acting Police Commissioner McDonald Jacob who said yesterday that he was unsure when the investigation would be completed.
He said that it was not within his control to say when it will be wrapped up.
At the end of May, Jacob expressed hope that he would have received a preliminary report within two weeks, but it did not materialise as one of the main people who needed to be interviewed had been out of the country.
Days after the shooting at Rich Plain, the CoP announced an investigation had been launched and indicated it could take about three months to complete.
Autopsy results on Gilkes indicated he had been shot in the back of the head, as he and fellow officers searched for an alleged suspect.
On June 18, National Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds said analyses of the ballistics and forensic elements had been done.
Meanwhile, the Police Complaints Authority (PCA) conducted its own investigation and determined Gilkes had been killed by a police bullet.