Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley today announced that based on the country’s current COVID-19 status, the economy will begin to re-open a number of entities which were closed since March, 2020.
The Prime Minister announced the following will be open on Monday 22nd, June:
- Beaches/Rivers will be open
- Cinemas and the Emperor Valley Zoo/Amusement Parks can re-open
- In-house dining is now allowed (restaurants will be closed at 10pm)
- Restaurants may have in house dining until 10pm.
- Full re opening of all malls and food courts.
- Team sports can resume. But no spectators at the events.
- Educational institutions can re open for the purpose of exam preparations. Schools, pre schools, daycare facilities remain closed until September.
- Full public service functionality from Monday with options of flexi-time and work from home to be explored.
- Public transport, including inter island transport moves to full service.
- Only groups of 25 persons can gather, with physical distancing.
- Weddings, funeral, christenings, church services can now occur without restrictions. But health guidelines inside buildings must be observed.
- Horse Racing can resume.
- The use of masks is still in effect – No Mask, No Service.