Six men were jailed, one fined, and another granted bail, after appearing virtually before a Point Fortin Magistrate today charged with breach of curfew.
Those jailed are:
• CLIVE ALEXANDER – six months’ hard labour
• JAMAL BAILEY – three months hard labour
• JOSIAH BAILEY – three months’ hard labour
• SHURLAND LIVERPOOL – three months’ hard labour
• KAREEM FLEMMING – three months’ hard labour
• AVASI PETERS – three months’ hard labour
DAVENAND HARRINARINE was fined $10,000. Failure to pay the fine will result in him being jailed for a month.
SHANTI CHARLES pleaded not guilty and the matter has been postponed.
The men were held by officers of the South-Western Division (SWD) who were conducting exercises throughout several communities during the curfew period yesterday.
The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) reminds the public of its role in reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus by adhering to the Public Health and State of Emergency Regulations.