Pauline Lum Fai, the mother of murder victim Sean Luke says she’s fed up.
She made the comment hours after an Appellate Panel ruled that the two accused in the case should get a retrial.
In fact Lum Fai now says she has no intention of going back to court to testify again even if she was summoned.
Three Appeal Court judges ruled there would be a retrial for two men charged with the 2006 murder of her then-six-year-old son Sean.
Last year, 15 years after Sean Luke was brutally murdered, a High Court judge found Akeel Mitchell and Richard Chatoo guilty of his murder.
However, the two filed an appeal of the judge’s ruling. They were yesterday granted a retrial.
But for Lum Fai, the appeal and another trial are “nothing more than a pappy show.”
Lum Fai said she thought after the conviction the “show was over” and she could have gotten some level of closure. But that was short-lived.
Luke, of Henry Street, Orange Valley Road, Couva, went missing on March 26, 2006, and his decomposing body was found two days later. An autopsy revealed he died from internal injuries and bleeding arising out of being sodomised with a sugarcane stalk. Chatoo and Mitchell, who is the stepson of Chatoo’s brother, were charged with the crime.