Sean Kingston released from jail after posting $100K bond in fraud & theft case

Home*Cover Story*Entertainment

Sean Kingston released from jail after posting $100K bond in fraud & theft case

Sean Kingston has been released from police custody just days after he was booked for his involvement in a million-dollar fraud case.
Last week, the “Beautiful Girls” hitmaker was extradited to Florida and held in Broward County jail. His bond was subsequently set at $100,000 as a judge listed the 10 criminal charges he is currently facing.

On Tuesday (June 4), CBS Miami reported that the singer has been let out from jail after paying the aforementioned amount.

“I don’t know who is claiming they owe money,” the 34-year-old’s lawyer Bob Rosenblatt said. “If there are other issues I’m not sure about … It’s a breach of contract. There’s no fraud here. There’s no organized fraud at all.”

Kingston’s mother, Janice Turner, was also arrested on numerous fraud and theft charges during a raid at their rented mansion on the same day her son was arrested across the country.

The Tomorrow vocalist is now facing grand theft charges after he allegedly stole jewelry, a Cadillac Escalade and a custom bed worth more than $80,000. He has also been accused of defrauding banks of more than $45,000, violating his probation for trafficking stolen property and writing bad checks.

Following the arrests, he took to social media to clear his name and wrote: “People love negative energy! I am good and so is my mother! My lawyers are handling everything as we speak.”

The ongoing ordeal pertains to a lawsuit filed against him earlier this year by a company called Ver Ver Entertainment LLC, who are accusing the R&B star of breach of contract and fraud after he purchased a large TV and sound system from them.

In exchange for the electronics, which would have cost over $100,000, he allegedly promised to make promotional videos for the products with Justin Bieber, who he worked with on “Eeenie Meenie” back in 2010.

Kingston paid a $30,000 down payment for the goods and agreed to make a second payment of $47,000, while the rest would be paid for in the form of social-media posts.

According to legal documents, he failed to make the second payment after the unit was installed and did not make any of the promised content either.