Scotiabank will also extend its hours of operations to assist in changing the old $100 bills to the new polymer note.
In a release issued by the bank, the hours will be extended as follows:
- Monday to Thursday the bank’s branch will be open from 8am-3pm and its Mall branches from 10am-5pm.
- On Fridays normal banking hours will apply for regular branches(8am-5pm), with mall branches open from 10am-5pm.
- On December 14 and 21, all branches including mall branches, will be open from 9am-12pm.
- Sales centres will be closed, and only the deposit and exchange of $100 notes will be facilitated on Saturdays.
- On Christmas Eve, branch hours will be from 8am-1pm while mall branches will be open from 10am-3pm and
- On New Year’s Eve, branch hours will be 8am-3pm with mall branches open from 10am-3pm.
Scotiabank joins Republic Bank who also extended their banking hours to facilitate their customers.