Due to the recent COVID-19 restrictions, the following changes will be made to services delivered at the Scarborough General Hospital, effective today Tuesday 11th May 2021:
Department of Medicine
- Subspecialty clinics including Dermatology, Haematology, Neurology will be cancelled.
- Medical outpatient clinic will be reduced.
- Warfarin Clinic on Monday 17th May, 2021 will be cancelled. Patients having issues can collect prescription scripts at the hospital (clinic area).
- Oncology, Cardiology and Nephrology clinics will continue.
Department of Surgery
- General Surgery and Orthopaedic clinics will be reduced.
- Elective surgeries will be cancelled.
Department of Paediatrics
- Paediatric outpatient clinic will be reduced.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Gynaecology clinic patients (patients who are not pregnant) will be rescheduled.
- Routine ward reviews for Gynaecology patients (patients who are not pregnant) will be suspended.
- Antenatal clinics and ward review for pregnant patients will continue.
Department of Anaesthesia
- Elective lists will be reduced to urgent cases ONLY, such as, cancer cases, orthopaedic traumas and caesarean sections.
- Visits to ICU patients will be reduced to one named next of kin, once daily. Doctors will provide family members with necessary updates frequently.
- Pre-op assessment clinics will be reduced to urgent cases ONLY.
Department of Ophthalmology
- All non-acute and non-urgent cases in the department will be rescheduled.
- Urgent cases will be seen.
Departments of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Dietetics
- Outpatient clinic services will be reduced.