Queen recovers from COVID-19 after outbreak in Windsor Castle

Home*Cover Story*News

Queen recovers from COVID-19 after outbreak in Windsor Castle

Queen Elizabeth is back at work and has carried out two virtual engagements, since recovering from COVID-19.

Buckingham Palace has said after testing positive for Covid the 95-year-old had to cancel a number of events last week.

The virtual audiences on Tuesday were carried out by video link from Windsor Castle with the ambassadors of Andorra and Chad.

Palace aides say the Queen will also be taking part in some private engagements.

The Queen tested positive for Covid on 20 February and cancelled planned events after she suffered from mild, “cold-like” symptoms.

According to the BBC, the Queen had been caught in a wider Covid outbreak in Windsor Castle, where she lives.

Although unable to take part in on-screen meetings, the Queen had been said to be carrying out “light duties”, such as reading state papers.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0