The operations of the Princes Town/Rio Claro and Siparia District Courts have been adjusted until further notice.
According to the Judiciary, vacating the buildings have become necessary as a precautionary measure while the COVID-19 status of an undisclosed number of officers are being examined.
The Judiciary said that while no one has been confirmed as COVID-19 positive, the usual precautions for this level of exposure have called for the current course of action.
As such, no one will be allowed into both buildings until sanitisation has been completed.
The sanitisation of these buildings will be conducted as required and there shall be no in-person hearings or activities.
Attention is also drawn to the Judiciary’s Practice Direction dated September 16, 2020, which dealt with the general discontinuation of in-person hearings except in limited circumstances.
The Judiciary said that the public will be kept apprised of developments and are kindly reminded that court hearings are being conducted virtually and that services such as Court Pay, the Domestic Violence Hotline and e-filing are available.
The Courts may be contacted as follows:
Princes Town/Rio Claro District Court
- (868) 223-1060 Exts 2991/1882
- (868) 223-1060 Exts 2985 or 312-4753
- (868) 223-1060 Exts 2986 or 286-4647
- (868) 223-1060 Exts 2995 or 281-6115
Princes Town District [email protected]
Rio Claro District Court – [email protected]
Siparia District Court
- (868) 223-1060 Exts 1933 or 364-0880
- (868) 223-1060 Exts 1935 or 363–4178
- (868) 223-1060 Exts 1931 or 362-5752
Email: [email protected]
Tunapuna District Court
- (868) 223 -1060 Exts 2824/2826/2827-8
- (868) 223-1060 Exts 2823 or 2839 Email: [email protected]