PM says no plans for second extension of SoE, MSJ UNC weigh in

Home*Cover Story*Government

PM says no plans for second extension of SoE, MSJ UNC weigh in

Prime Minister also said on Saturday that there are no plans for a second extension to the current State of Emergency (SoE).
The curfew was already extended once and officially lifts at the end of this month.
The Prime Minister returned from his first overseas trip since the country went into lockdown last year.
He attended the COP26 summit in Glasgow and was in the United Kingdom for energy discussions.
Movement for Social Justice Leader David Abdullah said he’s no surprised by the announcement.
He says that the Government can only impose an SoE for the duration of six months and fifteen days.

He said while Government may have gotten the special majority in the Senate he suspects it would not have been able to get the numbers in the House of Representatives.

However UNC Senator Wade Mark had a different view on the matter.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0