An additional 70 rooms will be made available for persons at a new quarantine facility in Piarco.
National Security Minister Stuart Young said that the hotel is isolated, as it is far from residential areas and not surrounded by the regular population.
He made the announcement at a Ministry of Health press conference on Saturday morning.
Meanwhile. Chief Medical Officer Dr. Roshan Parasram said that 99 persons remain at the existing quarantine facilities across the country as follows:
- UWI Debe/Penal- 26
- Chancellor Hotel- 19
- NAPA- 21
- Cascadia Hotel- 18
- Vision on a Mission- 15- due for discharge later today; patients received their negative tests on Friday
He then provided the following clinical update:
- Tests done at CARPHA and UWI- 5787
- Unique patient tests- 4336
- Community tests- 2059- all negative
- Private sector tests- 1507
- Repeated tests- 1451
- Positive tests- 133
- Deaths 8
- Discharges- 120