The National Entrepreneurship Development Company Limited (NEDCO) has announced an entrepreneurial relief grant for Micro and Small Enterprises that were impacted negatively by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The grant is being given in collaboration with the Ministry of Finance.
All eligible Micro and Small Enterprises are encouraged to apply as persons can access up to $20,000.00.
To be eligible to apply, persons must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen or legal resident of Trinidad and Tobago.
- You must be 18 years and over.
- You must have an existing business to apply. You can start the application process if you have an unregistered business but you must register your business by applying for and being assigned your Board of Inland Revenue (BIR#) number before you receive the funds.
- Your business must earn less than TT $1 million in annual income.
- All types of businesses can apply, including sole traders, but it must be a legal business.
- Individuals in receipt of unemployment relief benefits, food cards, or other social relief benefits are not eligible.
- Individuals in receipt of Tobago House of Assembly grants are not eligible.
- Applicants with pending / current criminal court proceedings against them will not be eligible.
Persons can visit www.nedcottfunding.com for more information.