NAPSPA worried by news that 30,000 students still without devices

NAPSPA worried by news that 30,000 students still without devices

The head of the National Primary Schools Principals’ Association (NAPSPA), has described as “serious” the news that 30,000 students were still lacking devices for online learning.

The statement comes on the heels of a Sunday Newsday report.

NAPSPA’s Lance Mottley, said the association is not at all comforted by the news of the 30,000 students, which comes as the new school term starts today.

Mottley said “While this might be a significant improvement from the figures given mid last year, that over 60,000 students were without devices, we cannot be comforted that some 30,000 students’ education could be adversely affected because of a lack of devices.”

Mottley said he hoped that this will be addressed in “short order.”

He said our education sector must evolve to incorporate the use of technology in the delivery and assessment of the curriculum and he is of the view that stakeholders should use the experience of the covid19 pandemic to go beyond the brick and mortar of school buildings.

Mottley said systemic changes must be made to see students not only learning anywhere and anytime, but being able to write exams remotely.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0