The Ministry of Health will soon begin a retrospective study of the 116 positive cases of Covid-19 in Trinidad and Tobago.
Health Minister Dr. Terrence Deyalsingh said the study will help the Government make plans for the future and consider the new symptoms that are being recorded across the world. One such symptom is silent hypoxia.
Deyalsingh said the study will prepare the Government for future developments as they will have a model to know how to deal with pandemics.
A standing committee will be established and chaired by Chief Medical Officer Dr. Roshan Parasram.
The study will reveal the following:
- The clinical experience to date
- The public health mitigation strategies
- The effectiveness of the parallel health systems
- How we manage supply chain challenges
- Intersecotral response- PAHO, CARPHA, NGO’s
- How to manage communication, trust and implement behaviour change
Deyalsingh said that the committee is encouraging five recovered patients to come forward and give their experience across the spectrum- mild, moderate and severe symptoms.