Emmy-nominated actor Jonathan Majors has been fired by Marvel Studios after he was convicted of assaulting his then-girlfriend.
On Monday, a jury in New York found that Majors attacked and harassed British choreographer Grace Jabbari during an altercation in March.
Following the verdict, a Marvel spokesperson said the studio would no longer work with the disgraced actor.
Majors could face up to a year in prison when sentenced in February.
The conviction marks a stunning downfall for a leading Hollywood actor who had been expected to feature in multiple Marvel films.
Majors, 34, had played villain Kang the Conqueror in the Marvel films. He starred in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania last February and on Disney+ series Loki, which is now in its second season.
Marvel had already pushed back release dates for Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, in which he was due to play the starring role. He was set to perform again as the character in the follow-up film – Avengers: Secret Wars.
It is unclear whether Marvel Studios plans to replace him with another actor or write his character out of the films.
Marvel mishaps: Are we getting sick of superheroes?
Magazine Dreams, an upcoming film that had been touted as a possible Oscar contender, had its release postponed as well following his arrest.
The US Army also dropped the Creed III star from a major advertising campaign once the news broke.
His former girlfriend, Ms Jabbari, was left with a fractured finger, bruising, and a cut behind her ear after the couple fought over a phone in a hire car in New York City.
The incident took place when Ms Jabbari saw a text message from another woman on Majors’ phone, which said: “Wish I was kissing you right now.”
In an effort to get his phone back, the film star grabbed his then girlfriend, twisted her arm behind her back, and hit her in the head, Ms Jabbari testified.
He was found guilty of assault by recklessly causing physical injury, as well as harassment.
The jury declined to convict him on charges of aggravated harassment and assault with intent to cause physical harm, however.
A statement shared by Majors’ lawyer after the actor’s conviction said that he continues to believe in his innocence, “still has faith in the process and looks forward to fully clearing his name”.
Sentencing will be on 6 February. The judge also issued a new protection order, requiring him to have no contact with Ms Jabbari.