La Soufriere erupts again 6:30am today.
Uwi Seismic: This update was prepared prior to an explosion which occurred at 6:30AM.
La Soufriere SCIENTIFIC UPDATE – 13/04/21 6:00AM
1. Seismic activity at LS, SVG continued the pattern established y’day, with short bands of continuous seismic tremor interspersed with long-period eqs.
2. Following the latest band of tremor, at 1:30 am, the long-period earthquakes have steadily become more frequent.
3. Audible venting was heard associated with some periods of tremor and long-period earthquake activity.
ues to erupt explosively and has now begun to generate pyroclastic density currents – hot (200°C-700°C), ground-hugging flows of ash and debris.
5. Explosions and accompanying ashfall and PDCs, of similar or larger magnitude, are likely to continue to occur over the next few days impacting St. Vincent and neighbouring islands.
6. The volcano is at alert level Red
From Uwi Seismic