Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley during his COIVD-19 media briefing gave insight into certain sectors which will be allowed to reopen during the coming days and weeks.
Dr. Rowley, however gave stipulations to each sector, with provision to ensure that all Covid regulations remain in place.
- All Manufacturing will be allowed to resume
- Car dealerships will be allowed to reopen
- Outdoor exercise and activities will be allowed from July 19 with limited groups of 5.
- All restaurants and food establishments are allowed to provide drive-through, curbside and takeaway services.
- No consumption of food on site.
Further removal of restrictions will be announced at the end of July.A shipment of 800,000 doses of the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine is expected to arrive in the country on Tuesday 13th July, 2021.Dr Rowley said during the month of July, “this country will be significantly vaccinated”, noting the commencement of an additional mass vaccination programme to begin on Friday 16th July, 2021.Details will be provided by the Ministry of Health. He said the Government is hoping to fully vaccinate 900,000 people.