Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar said there are five principles that underpin the foundation blocks of the UNC Government’s new plan. The plan, National Economic Transformation Master Plan 2020 – 2025, will be used to rescue the nation.
She said the plan focuses on the redevelopment of its people and are guided by five principles:
- People centered development- getting people back to work
- Pro business- allow the private sector to drive growth and development
- Resilience- deepen economic reforms but with a human face
- Local content- give people a sense of ownership and Independence
- Sustainability- promoting environmental stewardship