The Ministry of Health, Trinidad and Tobago, advises the population of one additional confirmed case (imported) of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The patient is a twenty-six (26) year old male.
According to a media release issued by the Ministry of Health, in total, five persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in Trinidad and Tobago at this time.
Members of the public are strongly advisedto adhere to the following personal health protection measures to safeguard themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water
o Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if water and soap are not available
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
o Dispose of tissue immediately after using
o Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow if you do not have a tissue
- Avoid touching your face
- Practise social distancing (e.g. no kissing, hugging or hand-shaking, avoid social gatherings)
- Sanitize hard surfaces (e.g. tabletops, handrails, doorknobs and trolleys) as often as possible.
- Avoid close contact with people who have flu-like symptoms
- Stay home if you are ill
The Ministry will continue to provide accurate information to the public in a timely fashion. The public is therefore urged to disregard and avoid sharing all unconfirmed, misleading and/or false information about COVID-19 (formerly Novel Coronavirus).