Head of the Single Fathers Assoc says it’s a difficult process to have children removed from dangerous living situations

Home*Cover Story*News

Head of the Single Fathers Assoc says it’s a difficult process to have children removed from dangerous living situations

Head of the Single Fathers Association of Trinidad and Tobago Rhondell Feeles says that it’s not easy for fathers who believe their children are in danger while living with their other parent.

He says that while he encourages fathers to go back to the courts if they are in such a situation, it’s quite difficult for them to see immediate results.

The father of Amarah Lallite, the four-year-old who was beheaded last week Monday, says he tried his best to gain custody of his child and had he been successful, she would be alive today.

Shannon Lallite said while he spent the last three years out of the child’s life, it was not for a lack of trying.

He said after police told him he could not file for custody, he abandoned that and had tried to contact her mother unsuccessfully since then.

Speaking on the Power Breakfast Show this morning Feeles said that the financial burden on the father who is forced to return to the court is difficult for many to deal with.

He said the other issue is the length of time it would take following the report for an investigation to be done into the matter.

On top of this he explained, the child must now remain in the situation at the home and face whatever consequences come from informing the father of the dangerous situation.