Government plans to spend millions of dollars on several youth programmes and facilities.
It insists the measures are necessary and questioned why some of the youth camps which were previously set up were dismantled.
Minister of National Security, Fitzgerald Hinds, outlining various measures targeting youth development said two point eight million dollars will be spent on refurbishing the St James Youth Facility and Los Bajos facility, 6 million dollars on the Cadet Force, Police Youth Clubs, Civilian Conservation Corp, the Military led Academic Training Programme and the Military-Led Youth Programme of Apprenticeship and Reorientation Training.
The Geriatric Adolescent Youth Programme will also receive special attention from the government.
The Minister’s revelations were made at a news briefing held on Tuesday afternoon.
Commenting on the issue of food security, Minister Hinds said three hundred young people between 16 and 35 years will from September this year benefit from a venture is awaiting the support of the cabinet for what is being called the Youth Development Shade House Project over three years using land which will be leased from Chaguaramas.