As COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Jamaica, Andrew Holness has announced a raft of new containment measures for the next three weeks.
- The islandwide curfew remains at 8:00 pm to 5:00 am daily until March 22.
- Zoos, parks, gyms, attractions and bars will close at 6:00 pm.
- Only students who will sit exit examinations should receive face-to-face instruction. This includes private schools. Nurseries and day care centres are considered critical services and are to be kept open.
- Starting March 4, there must be a work from home arrangement in the public sector. Only employees who work in critical service delivery should be in the physical office locations.
- Effective March 8 to March 22, funeral and burials will be prohibited.
- The cap on the number of persons permitted at a marriage ceremony will be reduced from 50 to 25 until March 22, 2021.
Jamaica’s latest COVID-19 stats are as follows below –