Ousted Fox News host Tucker Carlson has announced he is launching a new show on Twitter.
He made the announcement in a video on the social media platform two weeks after his exit from Fox News.
In the video, Mr Carlson said: “You can’t have a free society if people aren’t allowed to say what they think is true.”
His exit came days after Fox settled a defamation lawsuit over its reporting of the 2020 presidential election.
On Tuesday, Mr Tucker said he would be bringing a “new version” of his show to Twitter soon in a message captioned “we’re back”.
“Twitter has long served as the place where our national conversation incubates and develops,” he says in the video.
“Twitter is not a partisan site, everybody’s allowed here, and we think that’s a good thing.”
Twitter did not respond to a request for comment about the show.
Fox News announced in a brief statement in April that the network and Mr Carlson had “agreed to part ways”.
His last TV programme for the network had aired just days prior, on Friday 21 April.
The 53-year-old Carlson was not just a popular presenter on Fox News – with more than three million viewers tuning in on an average night – but also a hugely influential one.
His shows frequently set the agenda for conservatives and, by extension, the Republican party.
His comments on Tuesday come after his first public remarks in late April after he was forced out of the network.
Also on Twitter, Mr Carlson lashed out at “liars trying to silence” honest people.
He ended his remarks saying: “where can you still find Americans saying true things? There aren’t many places left, but there are some”.
The sudden announcement of Mr Carlson’s departure came shortly after Fox News paid $787m (£631m) to settle a defamation suit brought by voting machine company Dominion.
In the suit, Dominion argued its business was harmed by Fox spreading false claims that its machines were rigged against former President Donald Trump. The case prompted disclosures of text messages that publicly aired Mr Carlson’s private views about Mr Trump and his colleagues at Fox.
The Wall Street Journal – owned by News Corp, which also owns Fox News – reported last month that his contract was worth about $20m [£15.8m] a year.