Many areas across Trinidad and Tobago experienced significant flooding yesterday with the passage of the low pressure system which brought heavy rains yesterday. These included:
-South Quay , Queens Park Savannah, Belmont, Port of Spain.
-Second Avenue Mt Lambert.
-Eastern Main Road St Augustine
– The Southbound lane of the Uriah Butler Highway in the vicinity of Monroe Road and Bejucal Road
– The Uriah Butler Highway in the vicinity of Arthur Lok Jack
– The Churchill Roosevelt Highway in the vicinity of Trincity and again in Tacarigua
– Bamboo Settlement #3 in the vicinity of Grand Bazaar.
– The University of the West Indies (nearly all surrounding roads), St. Augustine
– The Caroni Savannah Road between the Southern Main Road and the Southern Main Road, Caroni.
– The Southern Main Road between Fredrick Settlement and La Paille, Caroni
– Wrightson Road (westbound lanes), Port of Spain in the vicinity of Powergen
– Boundary Road, El Socorro and various areas of El Socorro South
– Agostini Street, St. Augustine
– Eastern Main Road, several areas between Mount Hope and Arouca
– Eastern Main Road in Arouca, in the vicinity of Bon Air at River Line Bar
– Roads surrounding Trincity, Trincity Mall and Trinicty Central Road
– Monroe Road, Central Trinidad
– Saddle Road, Santa Cruz in Hololo
Local government authorities were in action lending aid to stranded and flooded out residents.