A 64-year-old man has been left homeless, after fire completely gutted his La Brea home on Saturday.
Toola Odai, of Sobo Village Extension, reported that around 6pm Saturday, he left a kerosene lamp burning in his one bedroom shack and went to purchase some snacks and a beverage at a nearby parlour.
On his way back home a few moments later, he noticed his wooden structure going up in flames.
Odai, who has a mental disorder, said he lost everything and is now appealing for assistance to rebuild his home.
His neighbours have since given him temporary lodging and they too are appealing on his behalf.
Anyone willing to assist him could contact 722-4274.