Crude oil discovered in Ortoire by Touchstone Exploration

Crude oil discovered in Ortoire by Touchstone Exploration

Touchstone Exploration Inc. has announced that it has made a significant crude oil discovery with the Cascadura-1ST1 well on the Ortoire exploration block, onshore in Trinidad and Tobago.

According to Paul R. Baay, President and Chief Executive Officer of Touchstone, the well results far exceed any pre-drill expectations. He said, “This well is not only a significant discovery and milestone for Touchstone, but we believe it also establishes a new development stage for onshore drilling in Trinidad. In the new year, we expect to test each zone independently in order to better understand the economic potential of the prospective oil sands, and if the findings are positive, it will set up an expansive development drilling program in the area.”

The discovery noted several highlights:

  • Cascadura-1ST1 cased hole wireline logs indicated significant prospective oil pay totaling 1,037 feet from 1,374 feet of gross sand
  • 80 net feet of oil pay was encountered in the regional Lower Cruse sands at measured depths between 1,030 and 2,134 feet
  • 180 net feet of oil pay was encountered in an Upper Herrera Gr7c thrust sheet at measured depths between 4,198 and 4,994 feet. These sands were not previously encountered in any offset wells in the area
  • 600 net feet of oil pay was encountered in a Middle Herrera Gr7c thrust sheet at measured depths between 5,516 and 6,162 feet. These sands were also not reported in any offset wells previously drilled in the area
  • 177 net feet of oil pay was encountered in a Lower Herrera Gr7a thrust sheet at measured depths between 6,162 and 6,350 feet, which were one of the Company’s targeted sands as identified in the offsetting well

The Company expects to complete and test the Cascadura-1ST1 well in the first quarter of 2020. Cascadura is the second prospect of four on the Ortoire block with initial test results at COHO-1 previously released by the Company on November 18, 2019.

Cascadura is a joint project of Touchstone. It has an 80% working interest, with the remaining 20% belonging to Heritage Petroleum.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0